Guest Book

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

R.I.P Uncle Jeff

So my grandma has been worried about Jeff, because he hasn't come to the care center in the last couple days. She has been asking everyone if they had seen him, which we haven't but that isn't unusual. Jeff was the kind of uncle that we didn't know very well, he had been heavilly into drugs and alcohol in his life, which made it very hard to talk to him... You could barely understand a word he said. So today my dad went to check on him and found his body, we are not sure yet what the cause of death was. It makes me more sad, that I am really not saddened by his death. We never had any sort of relationship, he was just kind of... there. I don't even have anything to say about him, no memories, no stories of his life. I feel bad that there are people out there that can be dead for days without people finding them, especially a member of my own family. It makes me wonder if we had just tried harder, would it have made a difference in his life? I feel so sad for him that he lived such a lonely life... and had such a lonely death. We all gave up on him...

4 comments:

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

i am sorry;( this is really sad! ya know sometimes its just to hard to care about people who don't care about themselves. its heartbreaking though! because you know that people don't start out that way and you wonder who they could of been. i am sorry for your loss! you sure have had a hard year. stay strong!

Stucki's said...

Oh Malea, I'm so sorry to hear that. That is so sad. I hope you are all doing ok. Keep your chin up! Love ya!!

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry Malea..... It's so sad when the ones we love make such bad decisions. I hope that your grandma is okay. Try to keep your chin up...... Love ya tonz!!!!!

Phyllis said...

Sorry for all the rough stuff you & your family have and are going through.... things will get better & you lots of friends thinking about you all!