Guest Book

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not So Happy Birthday

Yesterday Jason and I went in for our doctor's appointment excited to hear our baby's heartbeat again, but when it came time, the doctor couldn't find it. He sent us over to get an ultrasound and that's when we found out we were having twins, but neither one had a heartbeat. We were sent to the hospital where I was induced, Max Jason was born at 5:28 and his brother Madden Vince at 5:44 this morning. They were so tiny but so well developed, and perfect. We could see all their tiny fingers and toes and little facial features, it looked like Madden was smiling. Max looked like he passed away a couple days ago (thats why he is more red) and since they were identical, and shared a placenta, Madden couldn't make it either. This has been the most devistating thing I have had to go though, but I'm grateful for the time we got to spend with them. We love you boys.

Max and Madden's tiny little feet

12 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh my gosh Malea!!! I am soooo sorry.... I hope that you are doing okay! I know there really isn't much that anyone can say to make you feel better just know that you are in my prayers and I love you!

B and B Slack said...

Sorry to hear about your loss! Like the above comment there really isn't much anyone can say- I'll be thinking about you guys.

ryanfam said...

Malea,
I have cold chills right now. I am so so sorry for your and Jason and Parx loss. I think so much of you and as your friend said there are no words to express our sadness for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I appreciate your openness to put the boys picture for all to see. Know always that in our darkest hours of life , God is seeing us through for his very purpose.
With love always to you, Jason and Parx

scott and melanie said...

Hang in girlie!If there is anything I can do PLEASE let me know. I'll come see ya..Love ya!!

Kody and Stacie Rogers said...

The words aren't coming....
Just know I love you. Please call me if I can do anything. I love you all.

Jade Irvine said...

Wow! As a mother I feel like I can relate to how you may feel....I'm really sorry for your loss.
I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!
God bless you and Jason...


xoxo

RickAndGina said...

I am so sory miss! What awesome little names for them. I love ya!

Kenna said...

who knows why things like this happen? Thank God you got the little time you did with them. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how you are getting through this, so let me know if there is anything I can do. (even if we aren't the best of friends)
i know i'll sqeeze my angel a little tighter tonight.

Phyllis said...

We are so sad for you guys Malea and we are sending lots of prayers and love your way... Tom & Phyllis & family

MiCheLLe HeidEmaN said...

oh my gosh, i am so sorry! my heart is broken for you guys. i don't even know what to say, but i am very sorry for your loss. those are some very lucky twin angels though to have such a neat mommy. take care.

Clint & Danielle Cottam said...

Im so sorry for your losses my prayer and thoughts are with you.

Jaimelee and Steven Holm said...

malea, my heart is aching for you. I am so sorry. But i truly believe you will get to see them again someday and raise them to be perfect angels just like Parx. We love you guys, and want you to know you are in our prayers.